The Frys.com Open appreciates your commitment and interest in volunteering at the 2012 event. Volunteers are subject to verification of eligibility by background and/or reference checks at the option of the Frys.com Open. The Tournament expects its volunteers to conduct themselves with courtesy and professionalism and to remember that every person at the Tournament, whether they are a player, volunteer or patron deserves to be treated with courtesy and respect. The Tournament expects that all volunteers will be guided by this principal while volunteering at Tournament events or representing the Tournament in public.
Therefore, the Tournament offers these guidelines on how to conduct yourself while representing the Tournament, either on the grounds of the event or wherever you might be representing the Tournament while in your volunteer uniform. Please note that this list is illustrative and not exhaustive of the behavior the Tournament expects of its volunteers.
A volunteer must:
• Wear the appropriate Tournament approved uniform at all times while volunteering;
• Treat all patrons, players, fans, employees, and fellow volunteers with courtesy and respect;
• Abide by all Tournament policies and procedures;
• Refrain from being under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs while in uniform and/or representing the Frys.com Open;
• Complete all shifts and tasks as assigned by the Committee Chairman;
• Be punctual.
A volunteer must not:
• Smoke or be under the influence of any chemical substance;
• Violate any applicable law, regulation, or ordinance;
• Discriminate against any person on the basis of race, ethnicity, disability, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, geography, or age;
• Allow another individual to use your volunteer credentials;
• Seek autographs, solicit gratuities, gifts or bequests for personal or professional benefit;
• Enter restricted areas without proper credentials;
• Leave tasks or posts unattended;
• Use vulgar or offensive language;
• Resell tickets, credentials, or Tournament merchandise.
A violation of this Code of Conduct may lead to immediate revocation of your volunteer credentials, expulsion from the Tournament grounds and prevent you from volunteering at future events.